Saturday, July 11, 2009

GoMA in Glasgow

I found a computer with access in the Library at the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) in Glasgow. I returned here from Iona yesterday. We have had amazingly beautiful weather for the whole time. Thanks be to God.

The week at Iona was very renewing. I enjoyed building community, working side by side with wonderful people, and having time to pray and reflect as I walked about a harshly beautiful island with extraordinary old buildings from early Celtic Christianity. I discovered a lot about myself, about God, and about community. I also was surprised how deeply alone I felt when I arrived in Glasgow. Even though I was having a "wee walk" through the downtown streets with thousands of other people, I missed the community I had on Iona, and I missed Karin and my family. I felt alone, in an "in-between" sort of place.

Karin should be in the air as I write this. I will shortly be going to check out of the hotel and take the shuttle to Edinburgh, so I can get checked into our hotel there and then go "collect" Karin at the airport. I am looking forward to being with her and sharing the sights and sounds and food and culture of Scotland and Germany together.

1 comment: