Saturday, June 13, 2009

Almost There

The sabbatical officially begins on Monday, so I'm almost there.  I get to preach tomorrow morning -- finishing the series on the Sermon on the Mount -- and then we're having a Send-Off Pot Providence.  It sounds like the Fellowship Committee is planning some fun activities -- it should be a great time.

Our next door neighbor had to cut her European vacation short because she broke her leg in a mudslide while hiking in Tuscany.  I felt bad hearing her story and the events that she had to cancel in Europe because of her injury.  I pray for fast and full healing for her.  But it also reminds me how important health and safety are for enjoying this sabbatical.  Iona told me that if I want to go on the walking tour around the island, I will need good hiking boots with ankle support.  So prayers for health and safety and uneventful travel would be greatly appreciated.

After tomorrow's Send-Off, I'll be getting ready to leave early Monday morning for Dyer, Indiana, and training for leading the second year of VantagePoint3.  Then the sabbatical will be officially underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment