Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wie geht es Ihnen?

One of the things that I had hoped to do before our trip was to learn some conversational German.  I worked at it some, but the last month before the sabbatical were very full, and my study of German was put aside.  I'm now trying to cram a bit -- it will be interesting to see how much I will actually be able to learn before we get to Frankfurt, and whether or not I will be able to get us around the airport, hotel, restaurant, and train station before we meet up with the Schuenemann family.

We had great excitement last night, as Sam's Little League team was in the semi-final round of the tournament, and Sam, with the bases loaded in the bottom of the last inning, hit a ball over the centerfielder's head for a 2-run, game-winning single!  He was so excited!  Then he was sad, because we planned to have him go camping today with his cousins (Karin would join him next week) and that would mean missing the championship game.  He chose to be at the championship game and wait to go camping until next week.  We'll see how his big game goes!
Tyler comes home tonight from the mission trip with the YACS to Minneapolis.  It sounds like he's had a good week.  We've heard little from him, so I assume that's good news.  It will be good to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment