Saturday, June 6, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set,...

This morning I picked up the rental car for the two classes during the next two weeks, so the sabbatical is about to happen.
I'll be leaving Pella early Monday morning (June 8) for St. Paul, MN, for a class at Luther Seminary on "Leading Change."  The class starts at 1:00 Monday afternoon and goes until 3:30 on Wednesday afternoon.  Topics for some of the various sessions of the class include: "Biblical Perspectives on Change," "Theological Perspectives on Change," "Types of Change," and "Leading Adaptive Change."  The class members will also bring case studies from their congregations to share and discuss together.

While I'm there, I'll be staying with my in-laws, George & Ginny.  They run a pretty fair bed-and-breakfast!  ;-)

Tomorrow (June 7) I will be preaching in the morning, with our summer intern, Pastor Scott, preaching in the evening.  Monday night I will be missing our Council meeting.  I'm starting the process of letting go of ministry.  On the one hand, it feels good because I'm feeling less stressed.  On the other hand, it's hard to let go of ministry to people you love.  But I know Pastor Steve and Pastor Scott and the elders and deacons and others at Pella I will handle things just fine -- because they are capable and, most importantly, God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment